HTTP Rotating & Static Proxies
- 200 thousand IPs
- Locations: US, EU
- Monthly price: from $39
- 1 day moneyback guarantee
How to Log Into Craigslist – Azcentral
Some online scammers create fake Craigslist login pages that do nothing but steal account information from anybody that fills up the fake log in form. These login pages resemble the original Craigslist website, so it is easy to get fooled if you do not look at your browser’s address bar. If you use your Craigslist account for business purposes, you should prevent others from potentially using your business’s name to post fraudulent ads by always accessing the Craigslist login page directly from the main Craigslist site. Step 1Visit the Craigslist homepage (see link in Resources). Step 2Click the “my account” link to proceed to the login page. Step 3Enter the email address and password associated with your Craigslist account. Click the “Log In” button to see your Craiglist account. References Resources Tips Click the “forgot password? ” link on the Craigslist login page if you do not remember your password. From there, you can enter your email address so Craigslist can email you a unique link that lets you set a new password for your account. Writer Bio John Ruiz began his writing career in 2008 as a freelancer writing for eHow and various technology, software and hardware blogs. He has been designing websites since 2002. Ruiz earned a Bachelor of Science in information technology and web design from AMA Computer University.
- HTTP & SOCKS
- unlimited bandwidth
- Price starting from $0.08/IP
- Locations: EU, America, Asia
How to sell items on the Craigslist website and start making extra cash
The process for listing an item to sell on Craigslist is relatively straightforward.
You can sell items on Craigslist, just like classified ads in newspapers, for free — you don’t even need a Craigslist account.
Make sure the Craigslist website is set to your correct city, then click the link to create a post.
Here’s everything you need to know about listing items for sale on Craigslist.
Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Something is loading.
Craigslist is a modern-day community bulletin board, filled with classified ads where you can buy and sell items for free. That’s in contrast to sites like eBay, where the site generally gets a cut of the sale. Posting an item for sale on Craigslist is easy, and you can create an ad in just minutes. You don’t even need to create a Craigslist account to start selling.
How to sell an item on Craigslist1. Open the Craigslist website in a web browser. It should automatically default to your locale, but if it gets it wrong – or you want to sell something in a different location – use the list of locations on the right side of the page to pick the right city. You can browse by city or state at the bottom of the list.
Select your location if it’s not already set to the right city.
Dave Johnson/Business Insider
2. On the left side of the page, click “create a posting. “3. On the next page, you might need to fine-tune your location. If there are sub-boards in your city, click the one that best matches your location. 4. Answer the question “what type of posting is this” by choosing the correct option, which is probably “for sale by owner. ”
If you’re selling a personal item, you probably need to choose “for sale by owner, ” then click “Continue. ”
5. Choose the category of item you want to sell. If in doubt, click the link to see the list of prohibited items (you can’t sell firearms, alcohol, or tobacco, among other items), but otherwise pick the category that best suits your for-sale item. 6. On the form page, enter as many details as possible. Give your item a descriptive title, the price you want to sell it for, and a description of the product. In the “contact info” section, enter your email address – this will not be published online, but Craigslist will direct replies to your ad to this email address. For your security and privacy, it’s a good idea to not share your phone number in the phone/text section.
Complete the form to indicate what you’re selling and include as many details as possible for potential buyers.
7. When the form is completed, click “Continue. “8. A lot of people may see this ad, so to help them know if you are in their area, fine-tune your location on the map. You can enter a nearby major cross street to help potential buyers. Click “Continue. “9. It’s easier to sell an item if you have good-quality, current photos. Take some pictures and then add them using the “Add images” button. You can drag images around to change their order.
Upload and arrange photos of the item you are selling.
10. When you’ve uploaded and arranged your photos, click “done with images. “11. If you’re happy with your ad, click “publish. ”
Click “publish, ” but you will also need to confirm the sale via email before it appears online.
12. The screen will display a message: “Important – Further action is required to complete your request! ” 13. Within a minute or two, you should get an email from Craigslist asking you to confirm the posting. Click the link in the email to confirm. After that, the ad should appear on Craigslist within about 15 minutes. You should keep this email to easily find the online ad again later to update, refresh, or delete the post.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:How to sell items on eBay by creating an item listing, and start your own marketplaceHow to search for a seller on eBay in 2 different waysHow to list and sell items on Facebook Marketplace, Facebook’s version of CraigslistHow to sell books on AmazonHow to sell items on Amazon like used books, unwanted gifts, and other products
Dave Johnson is a technology journalist who writes about consumer tech and how the industry is transforming the speculative world of science fiction into modern-day real life. Dave grew up in New Jersey before entering the Air Force to operate satellites, teach space operations, and do space launch planning. He then spent eight years as a content lead on the Windows team at Microsoft. As a photographer, Dave has photographed wolves in their natural environment; he’s also a scuba instructor and co-host of several podcasts. Dave is the author of more than two dozen books and has contributed to many sites and publications including CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and Insider.
Receive a selection of our best stories daily based on your reading preferences.
Tech How To
It indicates an expandable section or menu, or sometimes previous / next navigation options.
An icon in the shape of a lightning bolt.
How to Change Your Craigslist Password – Techboomers.com
Last Updated: August 10, 2015 – 1:05 EDT
Though Craigslist is mostly a free service, you probably don’t want other people poking around in your account on it. This is especially true if you have a paid posting account, which you may need for posting certain types of advertisements (such as for cars or jobs). This requires you to input billing information, which you really don’t want anyone unauthorized getting a hold of.
A password is a principle line of defence for you in this regard, so make sure that you have a strong one protecting your Craigslist account. If you’re not sure whether your password is strong enough, check out our How Secure is My Password article. It will give you some tips on determining the strength of your password, which you can also use if you decide to change your password on Craigslist.
The following instructions will show you the actual process for changing your Craigslist password.
T change your Craigslist password:
Go to in your web browser (which will take you to the sub-site for your local city or region) and log in.
Click the Settings tab, and then click Change Password.
Click in the box labelled “Old Password” and type in the password that you are currently using for your Craigslist account. Then click in the box labelled “New Password” and type in the password that you’d like to use on your account from now on. Then click in the box labelled “Re-Type New Password” and type in a copy of that password. Finally, click Change Password.
If you are successful in changing your password, you will see the screen below. Simply click Go To My Account Home Page to go back to your account on Craigslist.
That’s all there is to changing your Craigslist password! Make sure to write it down somewhere safe so that you’ll remember it, or use a password manager program to remember it for you!
Frequently Asked Questions about login craigslist
How do I sign in to Craigslist?
Visit the Craigslist homepage (see link in Resources).Click the “my account” link to proceed to the login page.Enter the email address and password associated with your Craigslist account. Click the “Log In” button to see your Craiglist account.
Do you need an account to post on Craigslist?
You can sell items on Craigslist, just like classified ads in newspapers, for free — you don’t even need a Craigslist account. Make sure the Craigslist website is set to your correct city, then click the link to create a post.Nov 12, 2020
How do I change my password on Craigslist?
Go to www.craigslist.org in your web browser (which will take you to the sub-site for your local city or region) and log in. Click the Settings tab, and then click Change Password. Click in the box labelled “Old Password” and type in the password that you are currently using for your Craigslist account.Aug 10, 2015